Zooming to the end of the semester.


Sorry for the strained pun title.  Zoom has been very helpful, especially with the screen share feature, in continuing communications with my mentor on our project.

During out meeting we took some time so that I could get a clearer understanding of the code we are working with.  My I wrote my first "hello world" program in python over winter break, so it has taken a sprinter's pace to keep up.  It felt good to write out some of the code in English so that I can better see the connections between functions and variables.

This week I will be working on a simple baseline project interrogating the impact of spacial heterogeneity on charitable giving within the model.  To do so I will create a one dimensional graph and manipulate the spacial correlation variable.

In English, this will be a simple baseline example of the model that has a linear set of agents and resources should flow from agent to agent depending on need.  If some one in the middle of the chain is selfish this flow should stop.  It sound simple and to be taken for granted, but this baseline will show the math and code make sense to expand to more complex simulations.

Comments

Popular Posts