Unfinished business and the summer ahead.



It is no surprise that the Covid-19 pandemic threw a wrench into my studies, research, and summer plans along with everyone else.  

Even so, I have found ways to make the semester productive.  The pandemic lead to a change of research mid-semester, but I have been able to make some big strides over the last month working with ASU professor Joel Nishimura.  

Due to this change it will take me longer to compete the research the the current semester, but in the spirit of the STEM-TRAIN mission there is a chance that the work will be publishable according to Prof. Nishimura.  We have already developed plans to continue working of the summer.  This availability and opportunity opened up with the REU I was accepted for being cancelled this summer. 

We are all dealing with unexpected and undesirable circumstances but I am trying to find ways to craft and cultivate a program of study to continue learning the best I can.

Wish everyone a healthy and safe summer.  Hope to see you all in the fall.

Comments

Popular Posts