Thank you

This last assignment closes out the Fall 2020 semester.


I wanted to take the space of the last post to express my deep gratitude to Prof. Amanda Chapman, Joshua James, Matt Haberkorn, and the faculty and staff at Phoenix College, ASU, and NSF that support the S-STEM/TRAIN Program.  This program has had a dramatic impact on my life.  

In January of 2019 I entered the massage therapy program at Phoenix College planning to start a business after I was certified later that summer, I had the website domain and everything.  My anatomy and physiology class with Prof. Chapman threw a spanner in the works of that plan.  

She encouraged me to pursuit a path in STEM, classes in which my poor performance almost kept me from graduating high school, and made it possible through the S-STEM/TRAIN Program.  Now I am a semester away from transferring to ASU in the Applied Math program.  I am now knee deep in STEM participating in the STEAMclub, ASCEND, and having taken the introductory classes for biology, chemistry, and physics as well as math up to Calc III and Differential Equations.  

The richard that ends this year was unimaginable to the one that started 2019.  Thank you to everyone who made that possible and I will continue to work hard to honor your trust and encouragement.


Comments

Popular Posts