Internship Opportunity



With my initial experiment complete I have been given the opportunity to perform and internship at  TGen (translational genomics), a nonprofit medical research institute in downtown Phoenix.  My mentor is the environmental health and safety manager Kathleen Kennedy.

While I see myself taking a different path than EH&S, I also see this as a way to get experience around the laboratory environment I hope to work in in the future.  Even though I will not be doing any lab work, I have already been introduced to some of the amazing equipment they have there and have had wonderful conversations with some of the researchers.

In the short time I have been at TGen I have seen the vast and varied efforts and support structures beyond the technicians and PIs that help a lab run.  I am very grateful for this opportunity and took to take full advantage of what I might learn.

Comments

Popular Posts