Research Proposal as the Semester Closes

The nature of my internship does not lend itself to being encapsulated as a 'research project'.  None the less as part of the internship I will present a description of my work to a small gathering at the end of the semester.  Below is a small sketch of what I could present.  

I will continue to work on this such that I can kill two birds with one stone, writing for the blog and working on this project. 


Managing and Disposing of Hazardous Waste in the Laboratory

Outline:

  • Abstract
  • Why are there so many hazardous materials in laboratory work?
  • Education
    • Training
    • MSDS
    • Audit
    • Collection
      • Communication
    • Disposal Process
      • Recording
      • Division
      • Pick Up and Transport
    • Projects
      • Flammables Recommendations
      • Flammables Inventory
      • Hazmat Inventory
      • Spill Poster for Receiving
      • Shipping Biohazard Training
      • Cryostat SOP
      • Regulation Checklist 
        • Bloodborne Pathogens
        • Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories

    Comments

    Popular Posts