GPS and Random Geometric Graphs

 ASCEND update:

I was not entirely pleased with the reception of the GPS unit during the test flight so I rewired, installed, and tested an antenna that will be affixed to the exterior of the payload.  I have not worked with coaxial cable much so I enjoyed getting the chance to work with it to attach the SMA connector from the antenna to the U.fl cable from the GPS.  I made a test run with some extra wire as I had to leave the final product relatively short (it was originally 5 meters).  It turned out well and I am happy with the result and the extra functionality for the GPS.  This was the main improvement I wanted to make between the test flight and the final launch.


TRAIN update:

We are making good progress with the project.  This past week I was working on developing some code which produces a random geometric graph and then adds a given number of random edges (set by the user). 

The top image shows a random geometric graph,
the next the random edges added by the code,
the bottom the new graph with the random edges added.


This is will be useful to test how different amounts of 'connectedness' effect the flow of resources thought the population of agents.  I will continue working on some simulations that focus on resource distribution as affected by the radius of concern of an agent with the particular model.

Comments

Popular Posts